Dear users :
The winter has already come. Please replace the antifreeze when the local ambient temperature is lower than 5℃ in time. It can prevent the water cooler from being out of order. When choosing an antifreeze, its freezing point should be lower than the local lowest temperature to ensure that the antifreeze will not freeze.
- The antifreeze in use should be replaced every year. It should use antifreeze in winter, and it has a better effect for using the distilled water or the deionized water when the temperature is higher than 5℃.
- It must adopt ethylene glycol type organic antifreeze as the antifreeze because the corrosion inhibitor in inorganic antifreeze will cause the water seal of the water pump to leak water, the welding torch to overheat, or the cooper wire of the welding torch cable to corrode.
- Users can purchase suitable antifreeze from locals. If ordering goods from Aotai, please refer to the following chart.
|780141-00922||antifreeze(-25℃ 18KG/barrel)||Extreme Freeze Protection -25℃|
|491029-00023||antifreeze(-45℃ 4KG/barrel)||Extreme Freeze Protection -45℃|
|381020-03343||Deionized water (10L/barrel)||Applicable for the region with the temperature over 5℃|
The Maintenance and Check Procedures of the Water Cooling System of the Welding Robot
Attention: Please carefully read the operation manual before operating, which can effectively reduce the risk of injury.
Please dress PPE well and take corresponding protective measures during hazardous operations to protect you from injury.
Check the water cooler
Danger! Electric shock is fatal! There is high-voltage electricity inside the water cooler. Please cut off the external power supply before opening the machine casing.
- Check whether there is any debris sucked at the fan on the back of the welding machine every day. The Aotai welding machine adopts the method of air inlet from the back. It is necessary to prevent poor heat dissipation or fan damage due to sucking debris.
- Check the liquid level of the water tank of the water cooler every month, which should not be lower than the lowest liquid level line. The heat dissipation effect will be affected by too much or too little antifreeze, which will cause damage to the welding torch. If replacing the welding torch or water leakage occurs to the welding torch and other problems happen, it also needs to check the liquid level in time after solving all problems.
- Use dry and oil-free compressed air (pressure 0.1-0.2Mpa) to purge the heat radiator of the water cooler every month. In the process of purge, it should be kept 20cm away from the heat radiator to prevent cooling fins from blowing damage.
The antifreeze replacing method
The following introduction is based on the integrated water tank of Aotai welding machine
1. Prepare new antifreeze and a wastewater bucket in advance. Lift the welding machine by using lifting tools about 40cm and put suitable support under the welding machine.
Warning! Lifting a welding machine is a hazardous operation. Please firmly fix the lifting rope to the welding machine. Do not start lifting until all safety hazards are cleared.
Note: Lift the welding machine to make personnel operation convenient. Putting suitable support under the welding machine prevents the welding machine from slipping off lifting tools and causing danger. Please obey the operating instructions for lifting equipment while lifting the welding machine.
2. Put the wastewater bucket below the welding machine, and unscrew the cap of the filler hole and the screw cap of the drain hole at the bottom of the water tank. Install the screw cap back into the drain hole after the antifreeze in the water tank drains thoroughly, and put the welding machine back in its original place.
Attention: The antifreeze will cause damage to the eyes. If the antifreeze accidentally splashes into the eyes, please rinse promptly. If the situation is severe, please seek medical advice in time.
3. First, disconnect the water inlet hose and water outlet hose from the sockets of the water tank. Then, one person holds the red water hose and aims it at the waste water bucket, and another person uses compressed air to purge the blue water hose to purge out the antifreeze remaining in the hose channel and welding torch. Plug the blue water hose back into the socket of the water tank after no antifreeze remains. Plug the red water hose back after confirming the water circling is in order.
Attention: The valve of the wind hose should be opened as small as possible during purging. It can prevent the sealing of the welding torch from blowing damage due to too much pressure. The reason why keeping the red water hose does not plug back is for convenient observation of backwater.
4. Inject the new antifreeze into the water tank, and the liquid level of the antifreeze should reach the upper liquid level limit. Plug the red water hose into the filler hole, then open the power up the welding machine and make the water cooler start cycling. Power off the welding machine and plug the red water hose back into the socket of the water tank after observing water flowing out from the red water hose. (The welding machine will issue a fault warning of E0A before plugging the red water hose back into the water outlet of the water tank. It can be ignored at this time.)
If the backwater is out of order after replacing the antifreeze, please follow the steps below to check:
- The running time (about the 20s) of the water pump during the welding machine performing self-checking may not be enough to make the water completely circle or drain the air in the water pump. It can power off the welding machine first and unscrew the air-draining screw cap of the water pump below the water outlet socket of the water cooler. And do not install the screw cap back until there is water flowing out.
- Power up the welding machine again, and the water pump will run automatically when the welding machine performs a self-check. When the water flows out from the red water hose, plug the red water hose back into the water inlet of the water tank, and screw up the cap of the filler hole. Restart the welding machine at this time and confirm that the welding machine issues no E0A fault alarm any longer.
- Because the outer hose channel has been completely emptied, it needs to be checked that the liquid level should be between the highest and lowest levels after the water circling is in order. It is enough to replenish the antifreeze according to the situation.
Attention: Wait for 10 minutes after replacing the antifreeze. Check whether there is a water stain at the water drain of the water cooler to prevent water leakage from occurring caused by the cap of the drainage outlet not being screwed properly.
Troubleshoot the water cooler
Danger! Electric shock is fatal! There is high-voltage electricity inside the water cooler. Please cut off the external power supply before opening the machine casing. The repair should be carried out by professional electrical and mechanical repair personnel.
The E0A alarm will occur to the welding machine because of insufficient liquid level or blocked pipe channel. Please check the following steps.
- First, check the liquid level of the water tank of the water cooler. Replenish the coolant if the liquid level is not enough. And then check whether there is any fault alarm.
- When the welding machine(external water cooler) is in a power-off state, remove the red water hose of the water cooler and aim it at the water bottle. Then, power up the welding machine (external water cooler) and observe whether the coolant flows out.If the water flows out, power off the welding machine (external water cooler), then unscrew the cap of the filler hole (prevent the water tank from being broken due to blowing compressed air). Remove the red water hose from the water tank, plug the quick plug attached to the accessories into the red water inlet of the water tank, and use the compressed air to purge. After that, plug the red water hose back into the water tank and turn on the machine to observe whether there is corrugation of back water flow inside the water tank. If there is, the backwater is normal. If the welding machine continues to issue the fault alarm of E0A at this time, it can be sure that the water flow switch is damaged and needs to be repaired by the manufacturer.If there is no water flow, please continue to check.
Attention: The antifreeze will flow out in the process of checking. It is advised to use a clean water bottle to collect the flow-out antifreeze and re-inject it into the water cooler after finishing the check. The following operation requires two people. The flow rate of compressed air should be turned down as far as possible while using the compressed air to purge the water hose.
(1) Disassemble the quick plugs of the red and blue water hose at the welding torch, plug the red water hose at the welding torch into the water bottle, and use compressed air to purge the blue water hose (As for the welding torch with no color mark, it can be distinguished according to the position of water hose when disassembling the quick plug). If there is water flowing into the bottle, it means that the water channel of the welding torch is normal, then continue to check the following items.
On the contrary, the welding torch suffers from faults and needs to be returned to the manufacturer for repair.
(2) Plug the blue water hose of the welding torch into the original blue quick socket, and disconnect the quick plug of the blue water hose at the water cooler of the welding machine. Plug the red water hose of the welding torch side into the water bottle. Use the compressed air to purge the connector of the blue water hose of the water tank side. If there is water flow, the blue water hose is smooth. Continue to check the following items.
On the contrary, the blue water hose is blocked. It needs to disconnect the blue quick socket at the welding torch and remove this socket from the PU hose (because this socket will seal by itself after disconnecting the plug of the water hose). Do not stop until using the compressed air to blow through the hose channel. Otherwise, the whole PU hose needs to be replaced.
(3) Plug the red water hose of the welding torch back into the original red quick socket. Disconnect the quick plug of the red water hose at the water cooler of the welding machine. Plug the red water hose of the water cooler side into the water bottle and use compressed air to blow the connector of the blue water hose of the water tank side. If there is water flowing out from the red water hose, the red water hose is smooth. Plug the red water hose back into the water cooler and power up the machine again to check whether it issues a fault alarm again.
On the contrary, the red water hose is proved to be blocked. It needs to disconnect the red quick socket at the welding torch and remove this socket from the PU hose (because this socket will seal by itself after disconnecting the water hose). Do not stop until using the compressed air to blow through the hose channel. Otherwise, the whole PU hose needs to be replaced.
If it can not return to normal after passing the steps above, please contact Aotai for after-sales service.
Note: 1. In general condition, the red water hose and blue water-in hose will not suffer bad blockage. It only needs to use compressed air to purge out the debris. If the blockage occurs to the welding torch, it needs to return to the manufacturer for maintenance.
2. It needs to contact the manufacturer personnel to replace or repair if the water pump or heat radiator leaks water.
3. If the water leakage occurs to the hose channel inside the water tank, it needs to power off first, then open the side panel of the welding machine, watch the water leaking point, and fasten the corresponding hose clamp. If the leakage occurs to the fastened hose clamp, please contact the manufacturer for repair.
About handling the abandoned antifreeze
Attention: The abandoned antifreeze may cause damage to the environment. Please handle the antifreeze strictly following local laws and regulations. PLEASE DO NOT DUMP IT AT WILL!